Today we’ve got Prantic’s first video tutorial; How to throw a dodgeball (no, not a volleyball – that was my bad) in Maya. Now I don’t use Maya very often personally, but it’s Prantic’s main software and he uses it well. Tutorial is really good, though not short so be sure to grab a cup of something before you sit down to watch.
Here’s a quick overview of what will be covered:
- Working from a storyboard
- The Primary Animation of a Dodgeball Throw
- Secondary Animation to make it all look a lot more believable
- Constraining the ball to the character’s hand then releasing at the right time
- Various animation timing tweaks
Don’t forget to comment and let him know what you think!